The Campaign for University of Detroit Mercy has reached its $100-million goal a year ahead of schedule.
“The success of the campaign is due to the generosity of our alumni and friends as well as their dedication to educating the next generation of our graduates in the Jesuit and Mercy traditions,” said President Antoine M. Garibaldi. “Because of the momentum and enthusiasm that has already been generated, we will be able to accomplish all of the major goals by December 31.”
Some of the areas where significant progress has already been made include:
- $40.3 million of the $25-million goal for academic programming and faculty support has been raised.
- $14.3 million of the $10-million goal for unrestricted support has been achieved.
- 77% of all gifts have come from alumni and friends.
- More than 27 gifts of $1 million or more have been received, including six gifts of $2 million or more from alumni.
- The University’s endowment has more than doubled since June 2011, with $28 million of the gifts designated for the endowment.
There are even more opportunities to obtain additional donations to support student scholarships, facilities renovations and expansions, athletics and special projects. Projects for which the University continues to raise funds are an expanded Student Union with additional rooms for student organizations, academics, University Ministry and a central location for admissions, student financial aid, student accounting, the registrar and other student-centered services. Additionally, renovations to the College of Engineering & Science are a high priority, as well as an upgrade of the communication studies area and the establishment of an Athletic Village. These projects will provide state-of-the-art learning facilities and enhance the physical conditions for the University’s Division I student-athletes to practice and compete.
Detroit Mercy thanks all alumni, friends, donors, faculty and staff for their contributions to this campaign. The Campaign will continue through 2019 and conclude on December 31.
You can donate safely online at udmercy.edu/donate. If you would like to talk about a larger gift, please contact our Office of Advancement at 313-993-1540.