We’re excited that Health Information Management recently received a generous donation from an alumna who graduated from the Records Management Program at Mercy College of Detroit. The course of learning has changed dramatically in this technology-driven society, and students are learning processes for managing patient records that were unheard of only a few years ago. Electronic records can be managed among hospital systems, doctors’ offices and clinics and hospitals so that the patients’ care is consistent, safe, and secure. The real difference in today’s coursework is that the skilled records management specialist now is being prepared with the electronic capabilities for using medical care technology to maintain patient care updates, medication and treatment.
The Health Information Management Program at UDM’s College of Health Professions is newly developed, and enrollment is growing. If you are interested in learning more about Health Information Management, or if you would like to donate to the the program, contact the College of Health Professions or check out www.udmercy.edu/giving. You can also learn more about Health Information Management by checking the web site serving the College of Health Professions.
- Health Information Management – A New and Growing Program
- This Christmas – Give the Gift of Nursing Education with Scholarship Support
- Physician Assistant Students – New Opportunities for Education Funding
- A Joyous Anniversary for the Sisters of Mercy
- Commitment and Care for Others – Remembering Martina Kuechle in Scholarships for Nurses