Let Down

Today I had my annual review with my supervisor at my day job.  Although my review was the best ever;  I assumed I was getting a promotion.  From my last review it was stated that I did not need my degree to move up to the next level.  All I need to do is to continue to show motivation and be proactive.  Come to find out my supervisor never considered me this year for a promotion.  Now, this year was stated that I need a degree, maintain a professional image ( where that came from I don’t know) but I’m not going to speculate.  It was also stated that I needed to take on more projects.  I’ve been with the company for 10 1/2 years.  My last promotion was 2007 right after I got my Associate degree. 

As a matter of fact I’m working towards 2 degrees… One I will finish in May 2011 and the other I will complete in about a year or so.  Now, maintaining a professional image I do to best of my ability…  I’m unclear of what that meant.  I don’t dress in an unprofessional way.  I don’t use bad language at work.  I’m open to take on more work and help others.  I have a good relationship with my all my co-workers.  So I’m unclear at this time.  For the past year, I’ve taken on more work and did several projects… Once again I’m unclear… 

So basically my high hopes to move up has been let down…  What should I do?

Ms. Garrrettt!