Detroit Mercy Alum Dr. Jamira Jones MD MPH, Discusses Path in Medicine

Dr. Jamira Jones MD MPH is now a practicing Emergency Medicine Physician in Denver, Colorado. She Graduated from Detroit Mercy with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and speaks about the educational path she took upon graduating from Detroit Mercy.

“I wanted to see different hospital systems and see how people function differently in various systems…”

Dr. Jamira Jones offers good news and advice to future health care workers who are struggling to find volunteering opportunities in hospitals during the current pandemic.

“I think with the development of the vaccine, it’s going to be great and opportunities are going to be coming in the near future for students to really get some volunteering and shadowing experience.”

“It’s difficult right now for students to do the volunteer work but I think it is a great opportunity to explore other options that you’re interested in to become a well rounded individual…these things you can bring to your interview and applications.”

“Find ways to give back during the pandemic at your local charities, food banks and shelters since you can’t shadow at hospitals at this current time.”

Dr. Jones provides a reflection of her time at Detroit Mercy.

“I think it was a rigid and challenging work course being a Biochemistry major and it really helped me hone in my study skills to prepare me for Medical School.”

Stay Connected with Dr. Jamira Jones via linkedin

If you are in need of pre-health advising and plan to be a University of Detroit Mercy student then schedule an appointment with Carmen Gamlin via https://calendly.com/prehealthadvisor

This entry was posted in #pre-health, Pre-Med, Public health. Bookmark the permalink.