Nominations for the 2020 Commitment to Excellence Awards will be accepted until midnight on Tuesday, Nov. 10. All full-time, non-exempt staff and administrative exempt employees of the University are eligible. Detroit Mercy staff, faculty or administrators may nominate any colleague. Please direct any questions to the Staff and Administrator Development team at email@example.com.
Nominations are considered based on the following criteria:
- Nominees consistently perform their work responsibilities professionally and collaboratively and give excellent service to everyone with whom they work and serve;
- Nominees promote and demonstrate the Mission of the University and the goals of their college, school or department;
- Nominees take initiative in their work, going above and beyond what is required; and
- Nominees are dedicated and accomplish their work with a positive attitude.
Award recipients receive a certificate, commemorative gift and a monetary award. Recipients will be selected by the end of November and the awards will be presented at the virtual Employee Christmas Party & Colleague Recognition celebration on Dec. 11.
In 2006, University of Detroit Mercy established the Commitment to Excellence Award to recognize outstanding staff and administrators. The 2019 recipients were:
- Marisa Tucker, data operations specialist, Financial Aid Office for the “Rising Star;”
- Rahima Ahmed, administrative assistant, College of Health Professions for Staff; and
- Megan Novell, head of circulation, McNichols Library for Administrator.