Titan spotlight: Meet members of Metz!

Titan spotlight: Meet members of Metz!

University of Detroit Mercy offers several dining options for students, faculty, staff and others, one of them being Metz Culinary Management. Meet a few members of the Metz staff on the McNichols Campus:

Randy Fowler
Randy Fowler

Randy Fowler

What do you do? I help bridge the gap between the University and Metz. Come see me with any comments or concerns you have in Dining Services.

How long have you been at Detroit Mercy and with Metz? I’ve been at Detroit Mercy for 15 years and with Metz for five years.

Favorite part of working at Detroit Mercy? I enjoy interacting with our students. I love hearing the different perspectives and differing food tastes. I have a teenage son, too, and it’s overall a fun stage of life to watch out students live through.

Favorite food? King crab legs

Contact info: 313-993-1683 or ma4037@metzcorp.com.

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor

Mike Taylor

What do you do? Provide students and staff with a good menu and quality food.

How long have you been at Detroit Mercy and with Metz? It will be two years in March 2024 for both.

Favorite part of working at Detroit Mercy? Food is the way to the heart… love seeing full bellies and bright smiles.

Favorite food? I have a sweet tooth.

Contact info: 313-993-1141 or ma4037chef@metzcorp.com.

Jefferice Smith
Jefferice Smith

Jefferice Smith

What do you do? I create menus for the students and faculty events and I oversee the daily operations of the kitchen staff.

How long have you been at Detroit Mercy and with Metz? One year and two months.

Favorite part of working at Detroit Mercy? My favorite part of working at Detroit Mercy is interacting with the students and seeing everyone enjoy the food we prepare.

Contact info: 313-993-3371

Shane Dokey
Shane Dokey

Shane Dokey

What do you do? Oversee retail and catering operations.

How long have you been at Detroit Mercy and with Metz? Four months.

Favorite part of working at Detroit Mercy? All of my co-workers, students, faculty and staff on campus.

Favorite food? Cheesecake.

Contact info: 313-993-3371