It is an honor to serve as the Pre-Health Advisor for the University of Detroit Mercy in my hometown. Working with Pre-Health Titans who will launch their careers in healthcare requires engagement on campus, in our communities, in industry and now more than ever online. Students have returned to campus with their peers and mentors for instruction however, they do need to network and learn effectively in virtual spaces.
Fall 2021 will require a new flexible skill set in all areas. Pre-Health Titans will have
- in person and online classes
- shadowing in person and on line
- student orgs collaborate both in person and online
- Virtual Fairs and Information Sessions
- For some hard working Titans, acceptance to graduate schools after a busy online application & interview cycles
I am looking forward to engaging Pre-Health Titans individually, drop-in TEAMS advising, and with with Weekly Wednesday Workshops at 1:00.
- September 1st Freshmen and New Student Pre-Health – 5 Things you should know
- September 8th Preparing for Virtual Pre-Health Events Freshmen – Alumni – How to engage before and after Virtual Fairs, Info Session etc.
- September 15th Transfer Credit for Pre-Health – AP. Dual Enrollment, Early College, Summer courses.
- September 22nd How to use Social Media for Pre-Health – Your grad programs have a social media presence
- September 29th You will need Letters from Faculty as a Freshman / Sophomore / Junior & Alum – What types of letters are there and how does this work?
- October 6th The Benefit of Student Orgs on Graduate School Applications – Why they are helpful and what other options do you have?
- October 13th Who Do You Need to Engage? – Stepping out of your comfort zone as a Pre-Health Student
- October 20th LinkedIn Profile Creation – Mechanics of a pre-health LinkedIn Profile for Freshmen – Alumni
- October 27th Connecting with Titan Alumni in your Career Field with LinkedIn – Connecting for Informational Interviews and virtual shadowing.
- November 3rd To Research or not to Research – What is your ideal balance of activities?
- November 10 How Minors Impact Graduate School Applications – This reviews how minors can make a huge impact or not at all
- November 17 The Art of Thank You Letters for Pre-Health Students – Thank you letters are a smart way of engaging your network
No worries if you miss a workshop. Titans will have recordings on the Sway Newsletters.