Hope everyone had a relaxing and sun-filled summer! Detroit Mercy wants to welcome all students back to campus with a whirlwind of Welcome Week events! And don’t forget: all week, Aug. 26-30, treat yourself to 15% off small smoothies at Tommy’s in the Student Fitness Center!
Saturday, Aug. 24
- Come watch Disney and Pixar’s Monsters University and enjoy popcorn, snow cones, and cotton candy at 8 p.m. outside of North Quad facing Kassab Mall.
Sunday, Aug. 25
- Cheer on our Titans at the Women’s Soccer game at 1 p.m. on Titan Field!
- Attend University Ministry’s outdoor Mass at 7 p.m., outside of Holden Hall.
Monday, Aug. 26
- Warm and delicious cookies will be served from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. by University Ministry in the Student Union.
Tuesday, Aug. 27
- Tasty and scrumptious cookies will be served from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. by University Ministry in the Student Union.
- During Dead Hour, from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m., meet and greet with the Emerging Leaders Program in the McNichols Campus Library Courtyard by Sacred Heart Square.
- During Dead Hour, the Commuter Student Association will host a Fall Welcome event in Sacred Heart Square.
- Student Programming Board and Student Life is bringing comedians, hypnotists and games down for Mental Game Show at 6:45 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom.
- National Pan-Hellenic Council will host a game night with free pizza at 7 p.m. at Grounds Coffeehaus in the basement of the Student Union.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
- From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., visit the Center for Career and Professional Development in Reno Hall for a Career & Professional Development Open House.
- Think you have what it takes to beat me in cornhole? See you at the Intramural Cornhole tournament at 6 p.m. in the Student Fitness Center!
- A Titan classic: Hustle and Smoothie night returns at 6:45 p.m. outside of the Student Fitness Center.
Thursday, Aug. 29
- Get the Scoop! During Dead Hour, Student Alumni Association, Student Government Association and the Student Programming Board are having an ice cream social on the Kassab Mall!
- And, if you’re looking for something savory, come to University Ministry’s Guac and Talk during Dead Hour in the Student Union.
- Meet and greet with the Emerging Leaders Program during dead hour in the McNichols Campus Library Courtyard by Sacred Heart Square.
- Try out some sensory VR with Emotion Matrix from 3 to 7 p.m. in the Student Fitness Center!
Friday, Aug. 30
- Cheer on our Titans at the Men’s Soccer game at 2 p.m. on Titan Field!
- Hosted by the Detroit Collaborative Design Center and the School of Architecture, come take a walking tour to Neighborhood HomeBase and Detroit Sip down the street at 11 a.m. Meet at the DCDC office in the Warren Loranger Architecture Building.