ReBUILDetroit & the Science, Technology & Race Learning Community will present a panel discussion on inclusivity at Detroit Mercy on Thursday, April 11 at 5:30 p.m. in Room 124 of the Health Professions Facility.
The goal of the discussion, titled “Bridges Not Fences,” will be to facilitate a dialogue centered around living experiences at the University and ways to take positive steps forward in improving inclusion on campus. Panelists will include students, faculty and staff from all three campuses:
- Associate Professor of Physics Prasad Venugopal
- ReBUILDetroit Institutional Development Core Coordinator Jahzara Mayes Otoo
- Detroit Mercy Dental Clinical Associate Professor Tamika Thompson-Sloan
- Detroit Mercy Dental Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator Melvin Lunkins
- ReBUILDetroit Post-Doctorate Training Fellow Adrian Vasquez
- Biology student and ReBUILD Scholar Amber Abram
- Biology student Saamera Awali
The event is co-sponsored by ReBUILDetroit, The STR Learning Community, The Writing Center, College of Liberal Arts & Education and supported by a Mission Micro Grant. Food will be served.