The Mission Micro Grant Program is now accepting applications for the 2019-20 program. Applications can be downloaded here and are due Wednesday, Oct. 16 to Rosemary Weatherston, Mission Micro Grant Program Director, at email@example.com. A Mission Micro Grant is a grant of between $50 and $200 that can be awarded to any full-time or part-time Detroit Mercy faculty/staff to be used in support of activities that promote the University’s mission. Awards will be announced in November. See the Mission Micro Grant page for more information.
Please note, the time period for which projects and activities can receive funding is aligned with the 2019-20 fiscal year. Therefore, it is possible to apply for funding for projects that already have or will take place between July 1, 2019 and this November, when the grants are announced, as well as for projects that will take place from November through June 1, 2020.
There are only 5 criteria a project or activity must meet to be considered for a Mission Micro Grant:
- The project or activity must promote one or more elements of Detroit Mercy’s mission;
- You must personally be involved in the project or activity (no pass through funding of other people’s projects or material needs, please);
- You must be employed by the University during the time the project or activity takes place;
- The grant monies must be spent in the same fiscal year in which they are received;
- You must be available to attend a wrap-up meeting in September following the academic year in which you receive your grant. At this gathering you will meet with other grant recipients and the Micro Grant Program committee to discuss how your project/activity turned out. A written account of your project will be posted on the MMG web site.