University of Detroit Mercy recently became a member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD), an independent professional development center dedicated to helping faculty make successful transitions throughout their careers.
The NCFDD works with colleges, universities, organizations and individuals to help increase productivity, establish and maintain work-life balance, create broad networks of collegial support on campus and develop a committed stance toward their institutional home.
The center offers a curriculum designed to help support the development strategic planning, writing habits, healthy resolutions of conflicts, managing stress and rejection, and cultivating a network of mentors, sponsors and collaborators.
Institutional membership provides faculty, graduate students, administrators and post-docs access to:
- A weekly newsletter
- Monthly core curriculum webinars
- Webinars and multi-week skill-building courses
- Dissertation success curriculum for advanced graduate students
- Writing challenges
- Discussion forum for peer-mentoring and problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy matches, by request
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Full library of previous webinar and multi-week course recordings.
Individuals can claim their memberships by following the steps:
- Go to facultydiversity.org/join.
- Select your institution from the drop-down menu and click “Continue.”
- On the institution’s landing page, click “Activate My Membership.”
- Complete a brief registration form using your institution email address.
- Open your institution email.
- Click “Activate Account” in the confirmation email.