Now in its thirteenth year, the Mission Micro Grant Program awards annual grants of up to $200 to any full- or part-time Detroit Mercy faculty or staff member in support of activities that promote Detroit Mercy’s mission of being a Catholic, Mercy, Jesuit, urban and student-centered university. Applications for the 2020-21 Mission Micro Grant Program are due Wednesday, Oct. 14.
Please note, the time period for which projects and activities can receive funding is aligned with the 2020-21 fiscal year. Therefore, it is possible to apply for funding for projects that already have or will take place between July 1, 2020 and this November, when the grants are announced, as well as for projects that will take place from November through June 1, 2021.
In light of the changing conditions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants should review the Titans Together website, including the Events Resource Guide, when planning projects and activities. The project criteria remain the same:
- The project or activity must promote one or more elements of the University’s mission;
- You must personally be involved in the project or activity (no pass-through funding to other people’s projects or material needs, please);
- You must be employed by the University during the time the project or activity takes place;
- The grant monies must be spent in the same fiscal year in which they are received;
- You must be available to attend a wrap-up meeting in September following the academic year in which you receive your grant. At this gathering, you will meet with other grant recipients and the Micro Grant Program committee to discuss how your project or activity turned out. The wrap-up meeting’s in-person or virtual space will be determined closer to the date of the event.