The Student Fitness Center reopens on Tuesday, Jan. 19 with new hours, intramural sports and fitness classes to keep the community safe, active and engaged! Call 313-993-1783 or visit udmercy.edu/urec for more information. Follow University Recreation on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates and be sure to turn notifications on for new posts and stories!
Winter 2021 Hours of Operation
Monday–Thursday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Stay Active, Stay Involved, Get Rewarded
The University Recreation (UREC) Champions Club is a new program rewards frequent program participants for their commitment to athleticism. To be eligible, a Detroit Mercy community member must compete in 10 intramural sport events (in-person or virtual), 30 fitness classes or attend all UREC Adventure Series activities. Once complete, members will receive club swag and be invited to participate in an exclusive members-only event. For questions or more information, contact Matt Higley at email@example.com.
Latest COVID-19 Modifications
To assure the safety and health of our Titan community, please be aware of the current modifications to the Student Fitness Center:
- Masks required indoors
- Capacity limits (25% capacity) and social distancing enforced
- Check-in and check-out procedures established for contact tracing
- Cleaning and sanitization increased throughout the Student Fitness Center
- Some fitness equipment unavailable to allow for social distancing
- Tennis rackets, disc golf equipment and outdoor games available for check-out
- Basketball courts used for fitness classes and intramural programs only
- Lobby furniture moved to allow for social distancing
- Locker rooms currently open and available
- Day lockers, showers and towels currently unavailable
- Tommy’s is open and ready to serve
- Group exercise room capacity set to two people
- Bikes available for check-out with contactless system