University of Detroit Mercy has received $316,900 in grants recently to support University programming. Many are in support of Detroit Mercy Law’s Veterans Law Clinic, as it seeks to expand its work.
Grants received are:
- $169,400 from the Kresge Foundation to Detroit Mercy’s Detroit Collaborative Design Center for support of their community development projects.
- $80,000 from the Sutaruk Foundation to the College of Engineering & Science for scholarships.
- $20,000 from the Ramser Morgan Foundation to the Veterans Law Clinic at Detroit Mercy Law to support the salary of a staff attorney.
- $15,000 from the Dewitt C. Holbrook Memorial Fund to support a partnership between Detroit Mercy Law’s Environmental Law Clinic (ELC) and the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center (GLELC) to allow ELC students to work with GLELC attorneys and gain experience.
- $10,000 from the Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program to the Veterans Law Clinic to support training a clinic fellow.
- $10,000 from the Dewitt C. Holbrook Memorial Fund to the Veterans Law Clinic to assist hiring a clinic fellow.
- $10,000 from the American House Foundation to the School of Dentistry to fund dental services to uninsured seniors.
- $2,500 from the Association of Corporate Council-Michigan to the Veterans Law Clinic to support salary of a clinic fellow.