Detroit Mercy students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with the University Wellness Center if anyone is seeking a safe, supportive and comfortable space to talk about health or mental health. The Wellness Center is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the McNichols Campus and is here to help.
The Health Clinic is ready and available to assist with the following:
- Primary care, health maintenance and preventative screening
- Urgent care, acute illness, and injury care
- Chronic illness and medical condition management
- Women’s health
- Immunizations and TB testing
- Health and medical clearance for College for Health Professions and Dental School
- Sexually transmitted infections testing and treatment
- Referral to medical specialists and psychological and counseling services
Contact the Health Clinic at 313-993-1185 or email@example.com.
The Personal Counseling Center is ready and available to assist with the following:
- Anxiety and depression
- Mood swings
- Adjustment and developmental concerns
- Self-esteem concerns
- Relationship concerns
- Stress: academic and social pressure
- Troublesome feelings including loneliness, shyness, fear and anger
- Grief and loss
- Academic performance and motivation
- Drug and alcohol-use issues
Contact the Personal Counseling Center at 313-993-1562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Wellness Center members
University Wellness Center welcomes back Marjorie Lang to the team!
Marjorie Lang returns to work in personal counseling, where she served as our University psychotherapist from 2013 to 2016. Lang is a licensed professional counselor and licensed attorney in Michigan. She directed our Office of Title IX from 2016 to 2020, where she worked with students and employees on prevention and resolution of sex and gender-based discrimination.