In honor of National Library Week, April 4-10, the Detroit Mercy Libraries invites current students, faculty, staff and alumni to share their love of libraries and reading. Straighten up those bookshelves, strike a pose and smile to enter the Shelfie Selfie Contest and try to win a Detroit Mercy/Barnes & Noble Bookstore gift card! Here’s how it works:
- Take a selfie in front of, or next to, your bookshelf or a shelf of books that represents what you like to read.
- Follow @detroitmercylibraries on Instagram.
- Post your photo to your Instagram and tag it with the #detroitmercylibraries (include your name in the caption). This will serve as your “entry” for the drawing.
- Winners will be announced the week of April 12.
Shelfie Selfie Contest Rules
- Entries will be accepted April 4-10.
- The contest is open to current University of Detroit Mercy students, employees and alumni.
- The person submitting the photo must be present in the photo.
- By submitting photos, photographers grant the right to share the selfies in the library, on social media or for promotional purposes.
- The photographer’s Instagram must be public (selfies won’t be entered into the drawing if library staff can’t see them).
- Winners will be determined by random drawing and notified via Instagram direct messages.
- All entries must adhere to Detroit Mercy Social Media Guidelines.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by nor associated with Instagram.