We at Detroit Mercy have prioritized student health and well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic. We know we need to take care of ourselves, too, as employees. However, making time and knowing where to start may come as a challenge. The Online Learning Community is pleased to present an online webinar designed specifically for busy faculty, staff and administrators. Join fellow colleagues for a virtual wellness session on Thursday, April 8 from 11 to 12:15 p.m. to learn about practical and accessible resources for your mental and physical well-being.
This virtual event is presented by the Online Learning Community: a ReBUILDetroit Learning Community. Associate Professor of Nursing Arthur Ko will moderate the webinar.
Thank you to College of Engineering & Science Dean Katherine Snyder for generous support of the Online Learning Community through the ReBUILDetroit National Institutes of Health grant. Special thanks to ReBUILDetroit Assistant Director of Institutional Development Core & Grant/Program Manager Jahzara Mayes for her coordination of learning community activities.
- 11 to 11:05 a.m. – Opening Remarks by Andrea Kwasky, clinical professor, McAuley School of Nursing
- 11:05 to 11:25 a.m. –Mental Health Speaker Kevin Fischer, executive director, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Michigan
- 11:25 to 11:40 a.m. – Mindfulness Resources and Strategies with Erika Budson and Rachel Radjewski, Detroit Mercy Wellness Center
- 11:40 to 11:55 a.m. – Fitness Center Resources for Faculty, Staff and Administrators with Matthew Chesley, Detroit Mercy Fitness Center
- 11:55 a.m. to 12:10 p.m. – Q&A moderated by Arthur Ko, College of Health Professions
- 12:10 to 12:15 p.m. – Closing Remarks by Dean Jennifer Dean, Libraries and Instructional Technology