Our Student Spotlight shines on international student Seo-Yun Lee!
- Hometown: Daegu, South Korea
- Year & Major: Junior, Chemistry, College of Engineering & Science
- Languages Spoken: Korean, English, elementary Chinese
“I am Seo-Yun Lee, but people call me by Esther. I am currently a chemistry major student at University of Detroit Mercy. I am a rising junior involved in the seven-year dental program. After graduation, I plan to become a dentist. An interesting fact about myself is that I have a twin sister. She is currently an undergraduate student in Korea University.”
What shocked you upon coming to the U.S.?
Everything is so big! (grocery stores, buildings, etc.)
What have you learned about yourself since arriving in the United States?
I love in-person conversations more than virtual conversations!
What do you like best about Detroit Mercy and the United States?
- Friendly and welcoming community
- Many opportunities to do community service