Calling all nominations for the 2021 Commitment to Excellence Awards. Nominations for the 2021 awards will be accepted until midnight on Friday, Nov. 19. All full-time and non-exempt staff and administrative-exempt employees of the University are eligible. Detroit Mercy staff, faculty or administrators may nominate any colleague. Award recipients receive a certificate, commemorative gift and a monetary award.
In 2006, Detroit Mercy established the Commitment to Excellence Award to recognize outstanding staff and administrations. Nominations are considered based on the following criteria:
- Nominees consistently perform their work responsibilities professionally and collaboratively and give excellent service to everyone with whom they work and serve;
- Nominees promote and demonstrate the Mission of the University and the goals of their college, school or department;
- Nominees take initiative in their work, going above and beyond what is required; and
- Nominees are dedicated and accomplish their work with a positive attitude.
The 2020 recipients were:
- Karen Lee for the “Rising Star”
- Danielle Harris for Staff; and
- Michael Sadler for Administrator.
Recipients will be selected by the end of November and the awards will be presented at the annual Employee Christmas Party & Colleague Recognition Event on Dec. 17, 2021. To learn more about the nomination process and complete the nomination form, visit www.udmercy.edu/faculty-staff/hr/excellence.php.