The Mission Micro Grant Evaluation Committee and Assistant to the President for Mission Integration Catherine Punsalan-Manlimos have announced the 2021-22 Mission Micro Grant Awards.
Now in its 14th year, the Mission Micro Grant Program awards annual grants of up to $200 to any full- or part-time Detroit Mercy faculty or staff member in support of activities that promote Detroit Mercy’s mission of being a Catholic, Mercy, Jesuit, urban and student-centered University.
This year’s recipients include:
- Alexis Burgess and Patricia Devoy (Financial Aid/CHP): Reading materials for a Detroit Mercy women’s prayer and study group.
- Grace Gamble (Titan Equity Nourish Network): Support for continued development of on-campus garden to produce food and engage students in food justice and sustainability initiatives.
- Mary-Catherine Harrison (CLAE): Support for Rx for Reading Detroit to paint five free community libraries to be donated to New St. Paul Head Start centers.
- Suzanne Keep, Kathy Putman, Yolanda Freeman Hildreth, Kelli Frost (CHP): Support for Aquinas College theatre students to participate in a community health simulation with nursing and physician assistant students from multiple campuses.
- Sonya Kowalski and Andrea Kwasky (CHP): Incentive support for a student survey to assess the impact of student wellness interventions in the clinical environment.
- Andrea Kwasky (CHP): Honorarium support for a campus presentation by speakers from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).
- Rachel Lee and Linda Slowik (CLAE): Refreshments and materials for the Psychology Department retreat.
- Nour Lyon (CHP): Supplies for care packages to be distributed by physician assistant students to individuals who are unhoused.
- Molly McClelland, Darrell Kleinke, Megan Conrad, Molly Laird (CHP/CES): Gift cards in appreciation of community clients working with nursing and engineering student teams in Prototype Design & Assistive Technology course.
- Karen Mihelich (CHP): Reflection and inspiration mementos for students starting their projects in the Doctorate of Nursing Practice program and gift cards in appreciation of guest speakers in the Community Health Nursing course.
- Lauren Rinke (CLAE): Supplies to repaint and decorate The Writing Center to create an inviting space for student writers.
- Jennifer Ruel (CHP): Refreshments for the Emergency Nurse Practitioner certificate program’s three-day skills intensives.
- Allen Seales (TRIO Student Support Services): Support for TRIO students to participate in cultural immersion visits to Detroit museums and incentive support for TRIO students to attend workshops and cultural and professional development events.
- Whitney Thomas (TRIO Student Support Services): Support for TRIO students to participate in “Cider in the City” for city exploration and engagement.
- Marisa Tucker (Financial Aid): Food and hygiene items for the McNichols Campus Little Free Pantry.
- Nadine Wodwaski (CHP): Study materials for Nursing students taking the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX).