If you have not already done so, Detroit Mercy encourages you to register for emergency communications alerts. Be among the first to receive alerts on campus-wide class cancellations or other emergency notices through the RAVE Mobile Safety System.
Detroit Mercy takes preparation for emergency situations very seriously, and one important component of being ready is to have our entire University community connected to our emergency alert system.
If you do not have a mobile device, you may register an email address or voice-line for emergency alerts. All contact information stored in the alert system remains completely confidential and will not be used anywhere else within the University, nor by our emergency alert provider, RAVE Mobile Safety System.
It is important that students and employees register even if they are not at the McNichols, Corktown or Riverfront campuses.
Get started with the registration process with this step-by-step guide. Please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 313-993-1500 with questions, or visit the department on the second floor of the Fisher Administration Center.
- Visit the RAVE Emergency Alert System webpage and click the registration button.
- You will be taken to the Emergency Alert System register/log-in page.
- Enter your Detroit Mercy username and My Portal password.
- You will be taken to the “My Account” page.
- You will be asked to give a mobile number, or you may click on the “mobile phones – add” button.
- Enter your mobile number and press “continue.”
- Verify your carrier, or select it from the dropdown list.
- RAVE will text a confirmation code to your mobile phone.
- Enter the code in the space provided and click “continue.”
- You will receive a confirmation message.
- You are now registered and ready to receive alerts.
- Click “done.” Feel free to add additional mobile phones, voice-only lines or email accounts by clicking on the appropriate button.
Should your contact information change at any point, please be sure to update it.