Detroit Mercy will once again host alumni and friends at the 2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic on July 28-31 at Detroit Golf Club.
Prices for general admission range from $60-$80 per ticket. For an exclusive experience, you can join Detroit Mercy in a private cabana/suite near the 17th green, including food and open bar for only $500. A portion of the ticket price for the cabana/suite is a tax-deductible gift to Detroit Mercy Student Scholarships. In addition, Detroit Mercy’s new president, Donald Taylor, will be in attendance.
Some of the top-tier players committed to the tournament this year are as follows:
- Will Zalatoris — Runner-up at both the U.S. Open and PGA Championship this year, Zalatoris has top-eight results in six of his last eight major championships. Last year’s PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year and the 2014 U.S. Junior Amateur champion, he has quickly developed a reputation for playing well on the TOUR’s grandest stages and most difficult courses. The World No. 12 is currently eighth in the PGA TOUR’s 2021-22 FedExCup standings, and has eight top-10 finishes in 18 tournaments this season.
- Tony Finau — The long-hitting two-time PGA TOUR winner and World No. 17 has represented the United States on its last two Ryder Cup teams. Last season, he finished No. 11 in the PGA TOUR’s FedExCup standings after winning THE NORTHERN TRUST, a playoff event. He has 10 runner-up finishes on the PGA TOUR in the last four-plus seasons and five top-eight results in majors within the past three years (third at the 2019 Open Championship, T5 at the 2019 Masters, T8 at the 2020 U.S. Open and 2021 PGA Championship, and T10 at the 2021 Masters).
- Justin Rose — The PGA TOUR’s most decorated Englishman is preparing to make his Rocket Mortgage Classic debut. Rose counts the 2013 U.S. Open among his 10 PGA TOUR victories and was the TOUR’s FedExCup champion in 2018. Internationally, the former World No. 1 won the gold medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, has represented the European team in five Ryder Cups and owns 11 other global titles.
- Jason Day — The Australian and former World No. 1 owns 12 PGA TOUR victories, including the 2015 PGA Championship and THE PLAYERS Championship in 2016, and has played in four Presidents Cups representing the international team. He is set to make his third consecutive start in the Rocket Mortgage Classic, having placed T14 last year.
- Cameron Young — Playing in his first full PGA TOUR season and set to make his Rocket Mortgage Classic debut, the 25-year-old is currently No. 17 in the PGA TOUR’s 2021-22 FedExCup standings and No. 32 in the world. This season, he has five top-three finishes, including a T2 at The Genesis Invitational – the only non-major tournament this season to field the world’s top 10 players – and a T3 at last month’s PGA Championship. He and Zalatoris were teammates at Wake Forest from 2015-2017.
- Matt Kuchar — The American veteran who has played in four Ryder Cups and five Presidents Cups has also won nine PGA TOUR titles, including the 2012 PLAYERS Championship. The 1997 U.S. Amateur champion is set to play in his first Rocket Mortgage Classic.
- Rickie Fowler — A Rocket Mortgage ambassador and a five-time PGA TOUR winner, Fowler has played on four Ryder Cup teams and appeared in three Presidents Cups and represented the United States in the 2016 Olympic Games. Fowler has played in the Rocket Mortgage Classic each year it has been held, with his best finish a T12 in 2020.
- Kevin Kisner — The four-time PGA TOUR winner is No. 31 in the Official World Golf Ranking. Two weeks apart in March, he was runner-up (to World No. 1 Scottie Scheffler) at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play and recorded a fourth-place finish at THE PLAYERS Championship. He has played in every Rocket Mortgage Classic, finishing third in 2020 and T8 last year.
- Cam Davis – The Australian defeated 54-hole co-leaders Troy Merritt and Joaquin Niemann in a five-hole playoff to win the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic, earning his first career PGA TOUR victory in his 71st start. He has played in every edition of the Rocket Mortgage Classic and has three top-10 finishes this season.