The Student Fitness Center floor reopens on Monday, Sept. 21 with modified programs and procedures to keep the community engaged and safe. Visit the Student Fitness Center for current hours of operation.
Latest COVID-19 Modifications
To assure the safety and health of our Titan community, please be aware of the current modifications to the Student Fitness Center:
- Masks required indoors
- Capacity limits (25% capacity) and social distancing enforced
- Check-in and check-out procedures established for contact tracing
- Cleaning and sanitization increased throughout the Student Fitness Center
- Some fitness equipment unavailable to allow for social distancing
- Basketball courts currently closed
- Lobby furniture moved to allow for social distancing
- Bikes available for check-out with contactless system
- Tennis rackets, disc golf equipment and outdoor games available for check-out
- Group exercise room capacity set to two people
- Locker rooms currently open and available
- Day lockers, showers and towels currently unavailable
University Recreation offers free in-person (socially distant), outdoor and virtual fitness classes. Virtual fitness classes will be streamed to Instagram Live @DetroitMercyRec. Most in-person classes (except yoga) will be held in the parking lot behind the Student Fitness Center. Register for a fitness class on Detroit Mercy Live or use the CORQ app. See the UREC Fitness Class page or social media for the full schedule and more information.
Registration is now open for the following intramural sports:
- IM Ping Pong Tournament – Sign up at imleagues.com/udmercy or on Detroit Mercy Live; Tournament begins at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 6 at the Student Fitness Center
- IM eSports – Sign up online, email Matt Higley at email@example.com or join the Discord server and be a part of the new IM eSports program.
Virtual Personal Training
Virtual personal training is now available. Plan a home workout and receive nutrition guidelines with a personal trainer to help you reach your goals. Email Matt Chesley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313-993-1784.