Student Spotlight: AmirReza Radmanesh

Student Spotlight: AmirReza Radmanesh

Student AmirReza Radmanesh sitting on a bench at the beach.Our Student Spotlight shines on international student AmirReza Radmanesh!

• Hometown: Isfahan, Iran
  • Year & Major: Ph.D. candidate, Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering & Science
  • Languages Spoken: Persian, English

“A few years ago, before I came to Detroit Mercy, I didn’t realize how fantastic being in such an environment could be. I would describe my life here in two parts:

The first part is being a Research Assistant at the College of Engineering & Science in the heat transfer and fluid mechanics lab. For the very first time, Detroit Mercy is working on nanofluid applications and I am working to build a decent Nano lab as a part of my Ph.D. research. Currently, wrapping up the initial phase of the experimental setup is my priority.

The second part is being an employee and working on campus as a graduate assistant for the International Students Office and Residence Life. The diversity of international and domestic students is so great and I am thrilled to be a part of Res Life with all of the challenges and joys that it brings.”

What shocked you upon coming to the U.S.?

The first stop was Chicago O’Hare airport which is one of the busiest airports in the U.S. It was really shocking to see one of the busiest airports.

What have you learned about yourself since arriving in the United States?

• How to establish my personal life far away from family
  • How to dream big and work hard
  • How to interact with others from different cultures

What do you like best about Detroit Mercy and the United States?

• I like the friendly people
  • I like the kindness and helpfulness of others when you need someone.
  • I love the diverse lifestyle and democracy of people.