All Detroit Mercy students are invited to learn the basics of dining etiquette, social cues, charisma and digital decorum while networking with alumni over a free three-course Italian meal.
The Etiquette Dinner, coordinated by the Student Alumni Leadership Council, is Tuesday, March 15 at La Dolce Vita, 17546 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, from 6-8 p.m.
The networking opportunity is free to the first 50 students who RSVP. Spots are filling up quick!
Detroit Mercy alumni will host each table and a professional etiquette speaker will cover various topics, including:
- Learning how to make the best first impression with body language cues, professional dress guidelines and charisma.
- Etiquette surrounding greetings, body language and other social cues that signal executive presence, sincerity and authenticity.
- Discussion of manners for the modern workplace, including etiquette guiding meetings, invitations, correspondence and other basic business topics.
- Digital decorum guidelines, especially for email, cell phones and texting.
- Etiquette surrounding fine dining including seating, speaking to wait staff, ordering food and wine, making a toast and having savvy conversation skills that will be sure to bridge a connection with your guests.
- Discussion of how professionals can leverage every business interaction to deepen professional connections and get results.